Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday: Cross Training

This is the first weekend that I've tried doing my long run on Saturday and my cross training workout on Sunday. I think it is going to workout really well. Saturday is usually my highest calorie day, for the week, and yesterday I felt really good when all was said and done. In prior weeks, I would be starving and super tired in the afternoon because I was combining my long run with a low calorie day. I think this new schedule is going to work out much better for me!

Today's walk was pretty good. I wasn't going for a really hard effort but I also didn't want it to be a stroll. It just felt good to get out and not have to worry about run pace. I put my Ipod on and just went at it.

Nutrition has also been good today but I need to workout my timing for my first 2 meals. I kind of messed it up this morning because I wasn't used to the altered schedule. I'll be better prepared next weekend.

I set up a new weight loss goal at Club Liftestyle . I'm shooting for 133 by August 26th. After that I will concentrate on my race training and maintaining my weight. I'm really hoping to reach that weight before the 26th but we'll see how it goes.

Here's to training hard and eating right!

No comments: