Sunday, July 30, 2006

I DID IT!!!

I was able to get out for my run this morning!

My neck and back were feeling a bit better this morning so I decided to give it a try. On the schedule was a 6 mile run and I wanted to do my easy runs at about an 8:30 pace but decided that I wouldn't worry about pace today. I think it was a good decision because I could really feel my neck starting to tighten up at about mile 5.

I did my run at 5 am and the weather was already very hot and humid. It was 75 with 85% humidity - there is just something wrong when it is already 75 degrees at 5 am. The rest of the week looks equally bad. By mid week we will be reaching triple digits here on the east coast.

I was also pretty bummed this morning when I got on the scale. I have had a couple of pretty good nutrition days and my weight hasn't moved. It is that TOM so I am really hoping to see a decrease really soon. I also increased my calories a bit today because of the longer run so I'm not sure what that will do to the scale weight tomorrow. It has all been very clean and not much in the way of processed foods.

I feel like this entry has been all over the place today. It is definitely the way I've been feeling lately too. However, I'm feeling more focused each day and I'm really excited about getting into my training each and every day. I was able to log 21.25 miles this week and feel good about every step. My weight training workouts, ab exercises and stretching have also been very good. Here is to another consistent week (without neck spasms preferably)!

Work hard, eat well and reach for your goals!

No comments: