Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday - Long Run

I did a 7 mile run this morning. It was really hard because the humidity was so high and because I couldn't fuel up during the run. I was scheduled for some routine blood work this morning so I had to be in a fasting state.

I ran the 7 miles in about 1:05:00 which is about a 9 min./mile pace. Overall, I'm pleased with the effort. About 2/3 of the way through the run my legs got really "heavy" and I struggled for a bit. I focused on my form and got through it.

I'm feeling a bit tired right now but my legs feel good. Tomorrow is a 60 minute cross training day. I think I might do a combination of bike and walk.

I was thinking this morning during the run - my race is on October 8th and my long runs are already close to the race distance. I am in such better shape than the past 2 years! I really have a good feeling about this year's race. I also want to run a 1/2 marathon in March. The past 2 years I've gotten sick after the 15K and have not been able to run the 1/2. I think this year may be different!

Cheryl

No comments: