Friday, July 21, 2006

My First Post

Today has been a good day so far. I'm in the final stages of a body transformation. I've lost about 25 pounds since April and am now training for a 15K running race in October. I'm feeling strong and positive about myself for the first time in quite a while! My training has been going well. I've run this race the past 2 years and have gotten better each year. But this time, I'm shooting for a huge improvement because of how much my fitness has improved. Last year's pace was 8:25/mile, which was what I was shooting for, but this year I want to run 7:30/mile. The tricky part is trying to balance the running and the lifting. In the past I've let the lifting slide but not this year. It means 2 training sessions per day but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Today's workout: Lifting - Legs & biceps. I will be doing this workout shortly.

Front Squats
Plie Squats
Dbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts
Standing Calf Raises
Dbell Standing Curls
Reverse Curls

Here's to a great workout and a great day!

2 comments:

LizN said...

That's a nice quick pace Cheryl, keep up the good work and thanks for visiting me ;)
Hugs
Liz N

Cheryl said...

Hi Liz, you're my first comment - how cool! :-)))

Cheryl