Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"You can do anything you want, but....."

"You can do anything you want, but you can't do everything you want." David Greenwalt

I don't think truer words were ever spoken, at least for me. I am finding that I have trouble balancing multiple things in my life. When I'm at work, I don't have any trouble multi-tasking. However, when it comes to balancing multiple things in my life I definitely struggle. Right now I'm trying to get things around the house in order because of the Holidays. On top of the normal holiday hub-bub, both my kids have December birthdays. So we have Thanksgiving and then a bunch of parties right before Christmas.

My problem is that if I focus on the house, I tend to slack off on my weight loss goals. I am not gaining any weight, and I'm at the same weight I was in high school, but I'm not losing any weight either. My goal is to get down to 125# by December 8th but I find myself sabotaging myself day in and day out. I'm having a really difficult time focusing on the weight loss aspect of my life. I'm not sure how to remedy the situation so if anyone reads this and has any suggestions please let me know.

One thing I think I'm going to do is go out and buy myself a new pair of running shoes and use them as leverage. I will take a picture of them and then have my dh keep them. If I don't make my goal he will give them away to a charity. I will make this purchase with my own money so that it isn't a strain on the families budget. That is the only idea I've come up with so far.

I think another reason why I'm struggling is that I know I'm already in good shape. I look good and feel good and honestly, I'm not sure if I'm going to even like being at 125#. Is it really worth putting myself through all this? Sure there are some areas that I would like to "fix-up" a bit but overall I'm happy with the way I look. I'm babbling at this point but that is what the blog is for - right?

Hopefully, I will be able to find some answers and some direction.

No comments: