Sunday, October 08, 2006

Race Day!!!!

I've made it - the day is finally here!

The cold is still hanging around but I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to give it my all. Hopefully I'll be able to hit my goal pace but if I don't, I'll know that I gave it everything I had both in training and on race day.

I'm really excited right now and I'm trying hard to keep everything nice and calm because I don't want to get too hyped up too soon. It looks like it is going to be a great day for the race. Sunrise is in a little less than an hour so it's still very dark right now. The temperature is 52 degrees which is what they are calling for at the start of the race - great running temperature. The skies are still pretty cloudy from the rain we had yesterday but that is supposed to clear out when the sun comes up. There also doesn't appear to be much wind, which in my book is an excellent thing!!

I'll leave in a little over an hour so that I have plenty of time to check-in and warm-up. I also want to make sure that I have lots of time to use the bathroom. It is always a big concern to me (especially during long races) because I tend to have to use the bathroom when I run. Running first thing in the morning (training runs) doesn't allow me the time to void the system and it is common for me to have to stop a run around mile 4 so that I can use the bathroom. It's part of the reason why I get up so early on race days. I eat at about 5:30 so that everything has time to work through my system. That way I get a chance to go at home and then at the race I can just do the last couple of clears.

Well, I guess it is about time to get the rest of my stuff together. My next entry will be with my race results - Wish me Luck!!

No comments: