Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tuesday - another day closer to the race!

I had a great run this morning. I ran 4 miles and my pace was 7:53/mile. My legs really felt like they had some spring to them. I'm hoping that it continues through Sunday!!!

Tomorrow is a 30 minute Tempo run. I've enjoyed the Tempo runs. I hadn't really done them before but I will definitely continue them after the race.

Speaking of after the race, I'm trying to figure out what my routine will be. I'm leaning toward running on Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday with Tuesday being a 3-4 miler, Thursday being a Tempo run or interval run & Saturday being a long run. Then on Monday, Wednesday and Friday I would do my resistance training (something I have left go by the way-side recently). However, I haven't decided whether I want to do a full-body routine 3 times per week or if I want to break it down some other way.

I have also been spending a lot of time recently re-evaluating my "Why". Coach David is big on knowing your "Why". This is something that I've always struggled with - my health has pretty much always been good and my family is relatively healthy. It occurred to me the other day that living this healthy lifestyle (like the one outlined in Leanness Lifestyle) is just a part of who I am. Without being able to exercise and live a healthy lifestyle, I would be a touch lost. Almost like I lost a part of me. Could I adjust, probably, but I don't want to! Maybe that's the point.

No comments: