Thursday, October 12, 2006

Getting back in the groove

It feels good to get back into a routine again. I was able to get in a resistance training session yesterday. It was an easy one but it still felt good to pump the iron again! I also got out for an easy jog this morning. I'm taking it slow and easy on purpose - I don't want to jump in too quickly because of this silly cold. It doesn't seem to be getting much worse but it isn't really getting better either. The congestion is still sitting in my chest and my voice sounds quite froggy.

I'm also getting back in the groove at Club Lifestyle. I had let some of my routines slip - I wasn't lifting, I wasn't logging my food (which of course led to more and more "splurges") and overall my head just wasn't in the game. That changes starting today! I decided that it was time to step up and take control. As a result, I decided to start a team - we will be working hard for 6 weeks in preparation for the Holiday season. As this time of year approaches, our attention turns to family gatherings and holiday parties. If I want to look fabulous for these occasions I need to start now and kick things into high gear. What better way to do that than to try to get a bunch of people together and try and fire them all up. When I help others it totally fires me up too! I may also get the opportunity to help some of my co-workers. I'm really hoping that situations develops as well both for me and for them.

Assuming I still feel good physically, I'm lifting again tomorrow and trying to go heavier than I did on Wednesday. If I'm able to gradually increase my workouts, I'm hoping that I won't lose much fitness and will allow my body to heal at the same time. That's the plan anyway!!!

No comments: