Thursday, June 02, 2011

16 Days

Today was a great day! I had a good run this morning. The heat and humidity finally broke so it was actually really nice to run. We ended up doing our 5.5 mile hilly loop and averaged 8:55 per mile. My heel has been a bit "tight" the past few days - I don't know how else to describe it. It doesn't really hurt (although it has on occasion) but I'm not getting any relief from stretching it either. I've taken anti-inflammatory pills today and iced it this evening. I don't know if it will help but I know it won't hurt. Anyway, my foot felt pretty good during the run and for most of the day. It is just know "flaring up" a bit.

Later in the day, I met a friend at the dog park and our dogs played for hours. Unfortunately, there was a dog there that was aggressive in the water and actually tried to drown our dogs. Chip went under a couple of times because of this dog. He was then a bit scared of the water for a good portion of the day. When those dogs cleared out we were able to get just our dogs together and after a couple of tries he went back in and did some swimming. He is getting much better!

Tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful day. My son has a field trip which is awesome for him. When my daughter did the same trip a couple of years ago, the weather was awful and they didn't get to eat out in the garden of the museum. She was pretty bummed!

Anyway, I'm planning on taking the day a bit easy. My workout will be a bike workout (keeping pressure off my heel) and some lifting but other than that I'm not planning much for the day. It has been a crazy week and I feel like I need a break. I will do some stuff around the house but not much else. I'm really looking forward to it!!

Have a great night!

No comments: