Wednesday, June 08, 2011

10 Days: I am Blessed to have MY life!

Have you ever met someone who complained about everything? It's almost like they aren't "happy" if they aren't complaining. Or maybe your in-laws are a pain in the you-know-what...or maybe your parents are always putting your down....or your spouse doesn't give a rats a$$ about anything but themselves. I do and I am so glad I don't have to live that way.

Sure, there are things in life that we need to complain/vent about but it takes way too much energy to live like that constantly. We shouldn't be door mats but man, would it hurt to try to find the positives in life? Or, if you find yourself in a situation that does warrant some complaining, then do something about it - don't just sit there complaining and watching from afar.

I am definitely lucky in that I loved my in-laws (God rest their souls). They were the sweetest people in the world and would do anything for you. However, I realize that this isn't the case in all situations and the fact is that there isn't an easy solution for this situation.

Again, I am lucky that I have wonderful parents who are supportive to me and my family. They want to spend time with us and are more than willing to watch the kids when we ask them to. Our philosophies are similar so there aren't fights over how the kids are being raised or what they (my parents) let the kids do when they watch them. Many people don't have this type of support either because their parents don't give it or because their parents have passed away.

Finally, I think I have one of the BEST husbands in the world. He supports me in the things I do, he is there for the kids and he even does the laundry and the dishes. What more can someone ask for! LOL!! Seriously though, he is a great person and my best friend!

Is my life perfect - far from it! But there are a lot of positives!! I wish there was a way for all those negative-Nellies to take note. I bet most people could find many positive things in their lives if they just took the time to look! We all have things that happen to us that are "bad", the important thing is how we deal with them. We need to find positive ways to deal with our stress. What are some examples?
  • Exercise
  • Talking to a friend
  • Writing in a diary
What are some poor ways to deal with this stress?
  • Stress eating
  • Drinking
  • Abuse
  • Bad attitude
How will you react the next time something negative pops up? I will definitely think long and hard about how I react. I DO NOT want to be that negative-Nellie. I have a wonderful life with great friends and a family that I love - what more could I ask for?

No comments: