Wednesday, January 17, 2007

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN GOING GREAT!

I have been having an awesome week so far. I took this past weekend and worked on coming up with some very aggressive goals. Then from those goals, I was finally able to come up with a WHY that means something to me. I've even written some affirmations and put them on some 3x5 cards so that I can carry them with me.

I started my lifting program on Monday and will lift 3 times per week. My cardio will consist of mostly running. Since I want to try and gain some muscle I'm trying to run more interval sessions. My legs are pretty sore and tired so I don't know if I'll be able to do the intervals tomorrow but my goal is to do interval runs on Tuesday and Thursday and then do a moderately long run on Saturday. Since this is my first week I may ease off on the runs a bit this week and then pick up another interval session next week.

Tuesday's run was very intense. I ran for about 15 minutes or so and then did 10 hill repeats and then finished it with a 5 minute cool down. My legs are still quite tired and a bit sore (I'm sure from a combo of the running and the lifting). That is the main reason why I think I may just run tomorrow without intervals - I'll just wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

Eating has been very good too. I've managed to drop 2 pounds already and I'm feeling great about the whole situation. I have been a bit hungry the past couple of days. I'm not sure if it is because of the workouts or because my body is adjusting to the decreased calories. I don't know how many calories I was eating each day over the past couple of weeks but it is a heck of a lot more that I'm eating right now.

I also found out today that I got into the class I need for work. I didn't find out about it until late and when I called there was already a waiting list. Fortunately I was second on the list and got in. The class starts Monday and from what I understand it is going to be a lot of work. But, I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: