Wednesday, January 23, 2008

How things change!


I originally had planned on trying to run a marathon on March 9th in MD but that didn't work out. So we decided to try to run in the Bad to the Bone marathon in Charlottesville, VA 0n April 19th. Well, that didn't work out either. So now we are trying to enter a trail marathon right here in Newark, DE. From everything I've read it is hard but fun. In the description, the director tell everyone not to run this for time - run it to have fun. You even have to cross the river 4 times. I tried so post some pics but they wouldn't come up. I've run the area many times and it is beautiful! However, the river can be ankle to knee deep and that actually makes me just a bit nervous. I'm not afraid of water - I'm afraid of how my feet will deal with running after having crossed the water.
I haven't been running as much as I would have liked this month. Yesterday, I had a back spasm and decided not run. Then this morning, just as I was starting to get dressed (at 4:05 am), here comes my son walking down the steps. I knew he wasn't going to go back to sleep and if I made him go back to his room, all he would have done was wake up the entire house. So needless to say, I didn't get to run today either. I did however, get in a 25 min. bike and 30 min. of lifting. Not the intensity I know I need but at least I got in the time. That is a step in the right direction.
Tomorrow I WILL get out for a run. I'm meeting Cathy and maybe Lori at the Y for a run. The weather on Friday doesn't sound like it is going to be very nice so I want to make sure that I get a run in tomorrow!
My eating has not been perfect but it has been much better. I'm proud of myself - there were all sorts of donuts and cookies etc at work today and I only had 1 little bite. I really wanted to devour the entire box of donuts! I just kept thinking about my goals and my leverage and it got me through the day. I really hope to see some downward movement on the scale tomorrow morning!
Until next time!

No comments: