Monday, November 05, 2012

Damage Control - Novemeber Day 1

I haven't been a big Blogger lately but I wanted to document the next 30 days. I have joined a great group of Beachbody coaches and we are going to try to help and push each other over the next 30 days. I am planning on combining my running with the Turbo Fire program. I have been told that the Turbo Fire program uses a HIIT format which will be great for my running!

Over the next 30 days I want to do more than focus on my exercising. I am really beginning to believe that my relationship with food isn't a healthy one. I can slip into "bad" habits way to easily. I will be continuing with my daily Shakeology but it is the rest of the day that I really need to pay attention to. The kids have Halloween candy around and the holidays are on the way. Now is the time that I have to make the decision (and stick to it) to stay with a healthy nutrition plan. I'm not going to deprive myself of some of the wonderful holiday food but I'm not going to have "everything" and the things I do have will be in smaller portions and accounted for in my overall program.

I guess that is a good overview of the next 30 days. I also want to document my exercise sessions. As I stated earlier, I am combining my running with Turbo Fire. I haven't received my program yet (supposed to come tomorrow) and I am really chomping at the bit to take a look at it. I will also be doing a 20 minute yoga program with my co-workers every Wednesday night. As for today's workout - it was AWESOME! We did a pace workout. This is the first one in our training program for a January race (10 miler) so we started with 4 fast miles and 1 easy. Our goal was to keep our pace in the low 9s for the first 4 miles. We were actually able to maintain high 8's!! It is a mostly flat course but the one hill is pretty long and gradual. It was a great challenge trying to maintain our speed up the hill. Next week we are going to try and increase to 4.5 miles in the same pace range.

Since nutrition is going to be a big part of this program, I guess I should mention something. I am very happy with how things have gone so far today. I actually did some grocery shopping today and did not succome to the pressure my "Beast" was throwing my way. I avoided all the "junky" food - never made it into my cart so I won't be tempted later on. Afternoons are my tougher times so these are the times I when I have to be especially careful and have a plan. Today, I'm challenging myself to finish off my jug of water by dinner. The jug is 72 oz and I've had about 1/2 of it earlier today. By working on finishing it by dinner my stomach will be full and I won't be stuffing it with food.

Hopefully this will be the first of 30 posts. I am really looking forward to the next 30 days and to what I can achieve!

No comments: