Monday, November 12, 2012

Damage Control November - 11/12/12

The kids had soccer tournaments this past weekend and boy did it mess with my eating. I had great plans of bringing veggies and dip (which I did) but I never ate them. I was eating more pretzels and crackers than anything. I've really come to believe that my mind works on an all or nothing basis but usually only on the negative side. If I'm eating really well it is very easy to slip off that wagon but when I'm eating poorly it isn't at all easy to slip off that wagon and get back onto the good one. I'm sure most people would agree that this is the case most of the time but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. Each and every day I start with the idea that I am going to have a healthy plan for the day and follow it but yet at the end of each day I look back at numerous bad choices.

My exercising has been mostly on point. We had a good run Saturday morning and I took Sunday as a rest day. I was supposed to run this morning but I've been fighting a cold and with all the travel and such this weekend I didn't have it in me for a hard/fast run. I did however get in my Turbo Fire workout in the afternoon. It was the Fire Starter program and with a couple of exceptions I did better with the moves than last time. There is one portion of the workout that I just haven't quite got down but I think I was close toward the end so I'm hoping to get it next time I do the workout. Tomorrow is a new workout (forget which one) so I'm looking forward to that.

I'm going to try and write down my nutrition plan for the next day and then keep it with me during the day. I'm hoping that it will be a reminder for me to stick to the plan. I also need to work on increasing my water consumption. Those are my 2 goals for tomorrow - update to follow.

No comments: