Sunday, August 21, 2011

96 Days until the Reunion

It has been quite some time since I have posted. We have been quite busy (last hurrah's of summer and all that). We have also been in the midst of getting a new air conditioner, a new heater and even some new carpet. Obviously there is a whole lot of money going out which is causing a bunch of stress. Overall, I think we are over the worst of the stress part and are just excited to start getting some of these projects completed. The AC/Heater project will, hopefully, be completed tomorrow!

We also just got back from our annual trip to Sesame Place. It is always a really fun time but doesn't do much for my nutrition or exercise plans. We obviously do a great deal of walking but other than that there isn't much other exercising going on. So, when I got back for our long run on Saturday, I thought I was going to collapse. We ran an out and back route that started with A LOT of uphills. I realized just how far my conditioning has dropped over the last month or so. I haven't been lifting consistently or doing my Insanity/Asylum workouts. I've been consistently running 3 times per week and they have been good workouts but it isn't enough. Especially, when combined with the poor eating habits I've had lately.

Saturday was a good wake-up call. I've made some nutrition plans for this week (all meals, not just dinner like I have been doing) and have been doing a good job at sticking to them. I am also, when finished here, going to make up this week's exercise plan with as much detail as possible. Tomorrow I will also retake my measurements and try to come up with some short-term and long-term goals!

School is starting for the kids next week which will also help me get back into a more balanced routine. I do better with more structure but don't always keep it myself so having the drop off and pick-up schedules to keep me accountable will really help. I will also be getting back to school which will help. The only thing I need to watch out for there is extra snacking. I will work on my positive self-talk to keep myself away from the "junk".

I'm looking forward to better days and a slimmer and healthier me!!

No comments: