Thursday, August 11, 2011

106 Days until Reunion

I did it! I took my measurements today and now I just need to sit down and make some specific goals. I need to get some of my books out and figure out was a reasonable drop in % fat could be. I know that a drop in 1-2 pounds per week is reasonable but that doesn't correlate directly to % body fat.

Exercise was great this morning - hard hilly 7 miler with Lori. Nutrition was also pretty good today and I will keep refining it as I go along. Tomorrow I will do a strength routine. I think I may do Back to Core because I really like that workout AND it hits my hamstrings in ways that none of the other workouts do. I've been feeling some weakness in my left hamstring and I really want to try and fix that up. I also plan on going for a bike ride tomorrow - I got a new bike computer tonight and I would like to try it out before I meet up with the group on Sunday.

One more thing before I sign off. I've been listening to Michael Phelp's audio book "No Limits: The Will to Succeed" and it is really good. I love being able to put the stories on in the car and listen as I drive. He has told stories about races and such and it still brings back chills and tears to hear about come from behind wins and Olympic dreams being fulfilled. I think I'm going to be listening to this book often during the time up to the reunion. I get so psyched to listen to stuff like this!!!

Signing off!!

No comments: