Tuesday, April 14, 2009

4/14/09 - Trail running in the rain???

NOPE - we chickened out! However, it did allow me to do something that I haven't done in a very long time. I actually worked out in a gym. My friend took me into her gym as a guest and I completed 1 hour on the elliptical machine. It was hard and boy did I sweat like a pig! I tried lots of different resistances and elevations. I have a feeling my butt is going to be quite sore tomorrow!

It was a lot of fun but I'm hoping to get back out to the trails in the next couple of days. I'm not sure what tomorrow's weather will bring - some reports are calling for rain and some aren't. My friends are running in the morning but if it isn't raining in the afternoon I may try to get out on some different trails on my own. Thursday is supposed to be nice and a group of us are going to try and get out in the early am for about 7 miles (I hope!).

I also got my lifting completed for the day and will do different body parts tomorrow. I was supposed to lift yesterday but I messed up my timing over the course of the day.

Eating has been only OK today. I need to get to the farmer's market and make some more bars so that I have my supply ready and on hand.

Different topic - my daughter has been having trouble seeing the board at school recently. I think she may be nearsighted. I called the eye doctor and he was booked until the end of June! The guy is good and his schedule reflects as much. My son when to him for a different situation a couple of years ago and he is wonderful. Luckily, the receptionist wiggled us in for an appointment tomorrow. The "bad" thing is that the kids are supposed to be spending some time with their grandparents and I sort of feel bad about taking them away. The "good" things are that my parents were going to be in the area tomorrow anyway AND that I get a chance to get her in right away. She reads so much, and loves to do so, that I would hate to having something seriously wrong.

Update more tomorrow!

No comments: