Saturday, April 11, 2009

4/11/09

Things worked out pretty well this morning. For the past few days they have been calling for rain on both Friday and Saturday. Yesterday ended up being beautiful for a good portion of the day. I woke up this morning hoping that the rain would hold off long enough to get our run in. I was quite please to find no rain when I got up so my friend and I headed off for our run. We had finished about 4 miles when we felt the first rain drop. We decided we would go for about 6 miles. Unfortunately for us, the last 1.5 miles was finished in a pretty heavy rain and stiff wind. The 6 miles took us about an hour and I am very pleased with the time and the effort!

This run put me at 34 miles for the week. I am thrilled with that effort. I was also able to finish 3 RT sessions. I will take tomorrow off (Easter Sunday) and then run and lift again on Monday. My weight was down to 153 this morning. Saturdays are always a challenge for my eating so my goal today is to avoid the donuts at breakfast and really concentrate on sticking to my plan.

No comments: