Friday, February 16, 2007

My New Team Has Started!

I joined a team over at LL - the teams can be a great motivator because there is lots of support. There is also the responsibility to not let your team down. The team leader actually wrote and posted a team contract which I thought was a great idea. I printed it out just to remind myself of the promises I gave when I signed up for the team. Too many people make promises with no intention of keeping them - I don't intend to be one of those people. I promised to be a part of this team so I will:
  1. Do my absolute best to stay on plan every day.
  2. Take responsibility for my own actions and not make excuses.
  3. Be honest and give support to my teammates and cheer their success as they will do the same for me.
  4. Not drop out!!

The team started yesterday and so far I've had 2 good days (today isn't over but I DO NOT plan on messing it up). I've had to deal with some bad weather (ice/snow storm so no outside exercising) but yesterday I completed and hour exercise tape and today I've completed my lifting session. I still want to get in about 30 minutes of CV, which I will do shortly.

I'm feeling better about things right now. My attitude has been better - I'm afraid it is still going to be a battle for a while but I'm hoping that by being on the team I will have the extra motivation that will get the ball rolling. I honestly believe that if I can get a couple of really good weeks under my belt, I will get into a good groove and be able to follow through with all my plans. I really need to make sure to keep the crap out of my diet and do a bit of a detox on my system. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was a huge part of my overall problem.

Here's to an awesome day 2 of our LL team!

No comments: