Sunday, February 04, 2007

Enough is Enough!

I've decided that many of my problems have been caused by my head being up my butt. For some strange reason, I've been feeling sorry for myself and not doing the things I need to do. I'm not sure exactly when or why it started and frankly I don't care. The only thing that matters is that I get my butt up off the sofa and do all the things I need to do!!!!

I WILL be journaling every day, I WILL be performing all my exercise sessions, I WILL be planning all my meals and I WILL be sticking to my plan!

One of the excuses that I've been using is lack of time. It is true that I'm quite busy but so are many other people and they are doing what they need to do. One person I truly admire for this type of situation is Julie B who I met over at LL. Julie runs in the ultra distance races and has to put in lots of miles. I'm not quite sure how she does it with a husband and a family. Julie, if you happen to read this, you are an inspiration to me and many others. Oh, just in case anyone was wondering, she doesn't just run these distances, she runs them VERY well. Well enough to have gotten a sponsor last year. Awesome job Julie!!!

Today has been a good day so far. I got out for a run, even though it was only 11 degrees F. It "was only" 3 miles but it felt great! I didn't worry about the pace, I just wanted to get out and do it. I also made a nutrition plan for myself last night and have been sticking with it so far today. My plan is to just take it one day at a time for now. I will worry about setting longer term goals after I get myself back on track. I know I will be signing up for some running races - maybe even a marathon this fall with my friend Katrina.

I will try to post again later updating the rest of the day.

No comments: