Saturday, July 09, 2011

Asylum: Day 20 Game Day & Overtime

Today was a really tough workout! If I'm being completely honest...I Did Not feel like working out this morning. However, I knew that I needed to do it and I got myself moving. I'm quite proud of that fact!!!

Game Day in and of itself is really hard but I knew that I was adding Overtime and I think this is why I didn't feel like getting going. I was nervous about the session but that is when you need to push through! We all have days when either we are just plain tired or when we just get that "I don't want to workout" feeling. Assuming your body is trying to send you important signals like "I'm exhausted and I need a rest!", push through on the above days. When you make your body exercise when your head is telling you no....that is when we truly grow and get stronger! Just get started and if you can't keep it going then so be it but at least try!

That was where I found myself after the Game Day session. Once I started Game Day, I was loving it but by the time I was finished, I was toast! But, the wanted to try the Overtime workout so I immediately pushed play. After about 3-5 minutes I just knew that my body couldn't do it. I was not happy that I had to stop but I knew it was for the best.

My important take home message today is to just get up and try! It may turn out great and it might turn out to be crap. The important thing is that you get up and do your best. I know that is cheesy but you know what???? It is the truth!!!!

No comments: