Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Asylum: Day 16 - Vertical Plyo

It has been a few busy days since my last post. My hubby has been on vacation since Thursday and I love having the family together but it can really throw off my exercise routine (especially on the days I usually run first). I can ask the kids to go up and watch TV or something if I'm doing Asylum later in the day. This is much harder to do when the hubby is home too.

Onto my recap....in my last post I talked about my Game Day session. I have to admit that this workout really wiped me out! However, I did push through on Sunday and I got my Strength session done. I had actually thought about increasing my weights this session but boy am I glad I didn't! It was during this session that I REALLY felt how tired my body was from Game Day. Everything was really hard on Sunday but I did my best and am proud of it. I still struggle with the Progressive D-bell rotation - I can keep up the pace on the first rotation but on the 2nd & 3rd rotations I can't keep up the pace (push-ups really slow me down) and don't get in all 8 reps. I just really try to do as many reps as I can and will continue to work on it until I can get all 8 reps for all 3 rounds!!

On Monday my body rebelled a bit. I woke up to exercise but I could not get moving. My body was totally exhausted....or so I thought. I decided to not do my Asylum Speed & Agility workout but in a couple of hours my body was itching to do some exercise. Monday is one of the days that I usually run with the kids so I decided to do something with them. It turned out that my daughter slept until 10 am so before she woke up my son and I went on a 5 mile bike ride. It was not a very high intensity (I think my son is still a little nervous riding out in other neighborhoods) but I got myself out and that is important! When we got back to the house my daughter was awake so the 2 of us set out for a 5 mile bike ride. The intensity was a bit higher. I'm really proud of how she is riding her bike because as of a couple of months ago she was totally scared to ride a bike. So for me it was a total of 10 miles on the bike - I haven't gone that far in a long time.

Monday night we took our 2nd annual Fireworks Express train ride. We take a nice train ride (about an hour 1 way) and then watch a beautiful fireworks display and then ride the train back. It is a wonderful night but it is also a very late night. Which brings me to this mornings workout. I was supposed to run first thing and then do my Asylum Vertical Plyo session. I did not make my run this morning because of the late night but I did do my Asylum workout! I may also try to get a run in a little later but I'm not going to freak out about it if it doesn't get done. We may also go to the pool today and if we do I may substitute some swimming for my run.

One last thing....I have just started the Chalene Johnson 30-Day Challenge. It is a program to help you set and achieve your goals. One of my assignments is to publicly promise to achieve my Push Goal so here it is: I promise to save $30 per month, track my spending and set a budget for myself. I will incorporate updates on this endeavor in my blog to help keep me accountable.

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: