Thursday, January 27, 2011

Insanity and Snow - Related???

Today was my first go at the Cardio Recovery workout and I enjoyed it. The intensity is really dialed down from the other workouts and you spend time doing ab work, stretching/yoga moves and some basic strengthening exercises. I felt pretty relaxed after the session but I sort of felt like I should be doing more......here's where the snow enters the picture.

Lots and lots of snow as a matter of fact! I'm not sure how much we actually got here in DE but it was deep and wet. Translation.....heavy! I tried to get out early so that I could clear off the bottom of the drive and so that my hubby wouldn't drive over the snow and pack it down. The mission was accomplished but it took a great deal of effort. I think I was out there for approximately1.5 hours and that was just working on the cars and the driveway. My wonderfully kind neighbor has a snow thrower and cleared the sidewalks! Anyhow, I now feel like I've had a huge amount of work but I still need to clear out the gutters (in the street) and then hopefully get out to play with the kids.

I think I said in my last post that I was keeping track of my heart rates to see if there was any change over the next couple of months. I've made a chart and hopefully in the next few weeks I'll see some changes and be able to report them. My peak HR this morning was only 138 so you can see how much the intensity drops with this recovery workout (the other sessions were in the 170s to 180s). I also tried to take a resting HR (taken after coming down stairs so it isn't truly a resting HR) and got a reading of 58 bpm. I will periodically test this as well and see how that changes as well.

Have a great day and keep working hard!

No comments: