Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19, 2009

No school today because of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday! It's nice to be able to get on and feel like I have ample time to scan my favorite blogs and get an entry in!

Yesterday was a really crazy day - I slept a lot! I actually slept until 7 am, which is really late for me but then I fell back asleep and got up at 8:30! I went down and ate breakfast and the kids started playing MarioKart. I didn't want to watch it so I went upstairs to watch something I wanted and wouldn't you know it, I fell back asleep and slept for another hour and a half. That is really NOT like me but since I'm fighting a cold, I just let it happen. I guess my body needed it!

However, today has been different! I woke up at 4 am and met my friends for a run. I was looking forward to the hilly loop we usually do on Mondays. However, some new friends showed up and were up for that course so we ran another one which is about 5.5 miles long with one medium hill. I think we will probably do the hilly course tomorrow. Then I came home and did some light resistance training and ab work on the BOSU ball. I'm afraid to do much heavy "stuff" because of my neck - the spasm is still hanging around and I don't want to make it worse!!!!!!!!

I've been doing OK with my weight loss. I've averaged about 1 pound loss per week which is my goal but I would love to get ahead of the game! I am the reason - I've not always been great on my meal plans. I take full responsibility because I am in control of my choices and my emotions. I eat nutritious food to fuel my body and to keep myself healthy and energetic! Here's to the power of positive self-talk! Today has been good so far and it will soon be time for my next meal which will consist of protein packed pancakes (leftover from yesterday).

My neck is starting to bother me so I'm going to get in the shower and let the hot water loosen up the muscles. Have a great day and stay true to your goals and yourself!

PWE2
Honor Yourself

No comments: