Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'm Ready For A Break!



My legs are tired! In the past 4 days I've covered about 30 miles. So I'm going to take a break tomorrow - I may even sleep in a bit!!


I thought about taking today off but Lori was going to be out running with us and it has been a while since she has been able to make a weekday run so I decided to give it a try. I could tell pretty much right away that my legs were pretty darn tired. Then for some unknown reason, a couple of our group runners decided that they wanted to run fast. I say unknown reason because they kept saying how tired they were because the day before was so long and tiring. I stopped at 5 miles and when I took a look at our splits, the only mile that was over 10 m/m was the first one - all the others were faster. The other 3 runners decided to keep going after I stopped and I found out later that the next mile was done in like 7:50 m/m! I am SO glad I stopped at 5 - I kind of kicked myself for a second after I stopped but that faded quickly. Then to hear that time afterward.....boy did I make a GREAT decision!

So, I'll take tomorrow off and jump back into it on Thursday. I guess I am getting older because I haven't ever really experienced this before. I haven't even been lifting as much as I would like so it isn't that.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and I've decided that for Lent I will be trying to clean up my eating. I seem to be able to control my eating better durning this period. It doesn't really make sense to me but I guess my promise to God means more to me than a promise to myself. There is something very wrong in that statement. Now, don't get me wrong, promises and covenants with God need to have that sort of priority but wouldn't you think you deserve to give yourself that same sort of respect and commitment?!?! Something else to keep working on I guess.

No comments: